Oshkosh 2021

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

mcrae0104

HBA Supporter
Log Member
]

Jim & Ginger are at Oshkosh with the Twin JAG on display. There is a another video online where they explain the "why & "how" of their build.
I had the pleasure of meeting Jim and Ginger at a Corvair College in Barnwell a few years back when they were finishing their engines. Billski and I had a good conversation with Jim on Monday. He is a bright guy who has his ducks in a row with good answers to a series of smart questions from Billski.

Chris In Marshfield

HBA Supporter
Log Member
Frikkin’ wild night last night, no doubt. Say what you will about EAA, but they went well out of their way to keep us informed and safe. An army of busses were dispatched to every corner of every campground to pick up campers and bring them to shelters. The museum was used for anyone who wanted to get out of weather overnight. I have the best visions of “Night At the Museum” in my head. Red Cross was also in town to accommodate.

Plenty of advanced warning allowed folks to prepare for weather. I chose to keep my canopy up because it was primary defense against the dark arts before my rain fly. It’s durable and has been through a lot of storms so I chose to let it ride. We all did well. I walked through the campground this morning to offer assistance where needed and seemed like business as usual.

38EAF055-B88E-42DC-B185-C0969D024603.jpeg

Pops

HBA Supporter
Log Member
Had that happen to our pop up canopy in 2016, I was in the tent holding it down!!!
Bob
Back in the early 1980's, 2 of us spent 1 1/2 hrs inside the tent holding on to it. Then it was dead comm for about 15 minutes with a hole with blue sky's overhead and then the high winds and rain from 180 degree different direction for another 1 1/2 hr. Had 6" of water in the tent and and everything was floating. Only thing I had that was not wet was a tarp because it was folded and laying on top of the floating suitcase. Layed the tarp on the wet ground and pulled the other half over me and sleep until daylight and packed up and drove home. Lots of airplanes turned over on the end of runway 9.

Jay Kempf

Curmudgeon in Training (CIT)
Lifetime Supporter
It wouldn't be Oshkosh without multiple inconveniently placed deluge/wind cycles. It's the QC system for tent and canopy riggers. If you stay there for the whole week from setup to tear down it has a sort of Ground Hog Day rhythm to it :)

Rhino

Lifetime Supporter
Chris, help me out on that picture. Did you really use the solar lights to stake the canopy down? :)

addaon

Lifetime Supporter
Just arrived at Airventure today (would have been yesterday, but…. Weather). Haven’t read this thread fully yet; any homebuiltairplanes meetups happening? I haven’t been too active here lately, but would still enjoy putting some faces to names.

BJC

HBA Supporter
Just arrived at Airventure today (would have been yesterday, but…. Weather). Haven’t read this thread fully yet; any homebuiltairplanes meetups happening? I haven’t been too active here lately, but would still enjoy putting some faces to names.
Coffee at Homebuilt Headquarters (same as the last time you came). I’ll be there around 0700, most others will show up around 0800.

BJC

Bigshu

Jim is scheduled to be at the Barnwell (KBNL) Corvair college this November. Lord willing I'll be there also ...
I saw the Twin Jag, but didn't get to talk to Jim or Ginger. Maybe I can make the Barnwell college and meet everyone.