Oshkosh 2021

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Pops

HBA Supporter
Log Member
There's a downside to this somewhere, right?
Yes, Ruptured appendix and got to a hospital 4 days latter. In a coma for a few days, nothing to eat for 30 days, lost 45 lbs. To weak to stand up.
Doc said I missed dying by a nat's breath.
Otherwise, I have been without food for 4 days . Also in the winter of 1952 we ran out of food and lived on canned blackberries from the first of feb to the middle of april. Long term hunger is very hard. After that I believed that I wouldn't make it if it happen again.

Chris In Marshfield

HBA Supporter
Log Member
Verizon put up some new 5G gear in Camp Scholler this year. The throughput is pretty killer! For now… until 20,000 of our closest friends arrive…

Rhino

Lifetime Supporter
Yes, Ruptured appendix and got to a hospital 4 days latter. In a coma for a few days, nothing to eat for 30 days, lost 45 lbs. To weak to stand up.
Doc said I missed dying by a nat's breath.
Otherwise, I have been without food for 4 days . Also in the winter of 1952 we ran out of food and lived on canned blackberries from the first of feb to the middle of april. Long term hunger is very hard. After that I believed that I wouldn't make it if it happen again.
Makes you wonder how all those people survived the Nazi concentration camps for so long, doesn't it? I think people were just tougher back then. I guess maybe a coma and near death aren't worth it to lose 45 pounds. Well, I guess.....maybe... I gained 40 pounds within six months after I quit smoking. No coma. No near death conditions. How come gaining weight presents no challenges, but losing weight could potentially kill you? Sometimes I think God has a practical joker side to him. Would still love to lose more weight and increase my useful load (obligatory aviation reference to appease the admin gods).

BJC

HBA Supporter
BTW:

No coffee service today, although coffee was available.

I met Mark, the teacher. Had breakfast with him. Nice guy doing an important job, along with you, for the future of sport aviation.

BJC

Rhino

Lifetime Supporter
You mean the picture of the MM isn't enough to make your tongue hard ???
No, but it makes my joints hurt thinking about getting in and out of it.

Are you a pilot? [hahahahahahahaha!]
You think all pilots want the same airplanes? Are you a pilot? 😄 Seriously though, the Midget Mustang is a great plane, but it's not the type of plane I want. No baggage capacity, can't take the wife or the dog, can't grab a cold one from the cooler in back, etc., etc. And even if the Midget Mustang was my type of plane at some point, it's amazing how getting old can change your perspective. I used to want a Corvette long ago. Now I laugh at that idea. It's still a pretty car, but give me a big, comfortable SUV any day.

Rhino

Lifetime Supporter
When you get to be my age, along with the injuries I've had, everything is difficult to enter and exit.

TFF

Don’t you think a little pain before and after is worth it? As long as someone brings you a sandwich, you can be stuck in it. It would be worth it.

I have a friend who would probably make most feel a little wimpy if you saw him get in his RV8A that he built. He had an RV4 before. He was in a car accident when he was in his twenties. He is a bent up pretzel if you look at him at face value. Not a lot of range of motion. He can walk about 50 ft without crutches. It takes him at least 5 minutes to get in and more to get out. He is just determined. No special issuances on his license and he had to learn to fly that way. When my back is hurting and I see him, it’s not hurting so much.

mcrae0104

HBA Supporter
Log Member
Did anyone see the Blackfly actually take to the air with a person in it today, it was scheduled to fly during the INNOVATION AIRSHOW(TUESDAY)

K
I did not. I have little interest in it, but while walking by it the other day, noted that according to the posted specs, it doesn’t not meet Part 103, and it does not have registration markings, and concluded that we would not see it fly. Perhaps it flew but I don’t know the regulatory rules that would allow it to.