Oshkosh 2021

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

TMann

I can get flights out of Australia ok. I just can’t get back into Australia until December at the earliest due to the quotas. I would have been happy to go to the US for 6 months just to be able to go to Oshkosh but voluntarily doing that wouldn’t have gone down very well with the missus and kids, although it was definitely a hard choice for me 😬. Family or Oshkosh… a choice that an aviation nut like myself shouldn’t have to make!
Sorry to hear that. A friend of mine in Adelaide was telling me they are locking down due to the "surge" in South Australia.
Talk about putting things in perspective, they have 5 cases in the entire state.
Guess we won't be seeing any of your fellow Aussies at Kelley's this time around.

mcrae0104

HBA Supporter
Log Member
Saw the Volocopter fly today at OSH in about a 10kt wind. Looked pretty stable.

Couldn’t upload the video but here’s a screen grab.

5C7EDAA2-F0C5-495D-92F4-3F1837EE0506.png

fly2kads

HBA Supporter
Even though I cannot be at Oshkosh this year, I'd like to invite all HBA members who are attending Oshkosh to swing past the TurbAero booth to check out our display.
I'm getting your ads on Facebook, if that counts for anything! :p

Stealth

Well on a crappy note, after all the planning, buying a new, self-deploying, light weight, 3.6 lb. tent, buying the Express Arrival tickets with wrist bands, I have a cold, not terrible yet but if it takes the same turn as my wifes cold, it's going to get worse! My go no go date is tomorrow, Sat. the 24th and I don't see it getting better enough to risk passing it along to my two buddys that I was flying with. And I don't want to go feeling like crap, so I guess I'll have my $122.00 wrist band as a souvenir.
Bob, sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug !
Fasting can reset immune system

BBerson

Light Plane Philosopher
HBA Supporter
A Stearman tipped up on it's prop. Took about an hour to pull it off runway 36 for some reason.
I guess they had to wait for that big runway sweeper machine.

Pops

HBA Supporter
Log Member
A Stearman tipped up on it's prop. Took about an hour to pull it off runway 36 for some reason.
I guess they had to wait for that big runway sweeper machine.
I watched that on the live feed. Live feed is not what it used to be. Must be using Wal-Mart camera's.

MadProfessor8138

Log Member
So.......where are the HBA members getting together at ?
Been here since Friday and have been looking for people but since I don't know anyone personally...............

Kevin

Pops

HBA Supporter
Log Member
After 4 days your digestive system starts shutting down and then its very hard to start eating again. You have to start with a very, very small about of something easy to digest like thin soup or Jello and gradually build up.
Not like you see in the movies.