Quantcast

Oshkosh 2019

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

billyvray

I flew in to Appleton for business. Only there for the day.
I got to at least see Doc, the B29, a B 24, and the EAA B17 giving rides. I don't know why they were flying out of Appleton, but I got to see multiple take offs and landings and flyovers.
I kept pacing the floor to get better views. Sadly there were very few people that even looked up from the phones to witness the rare site.

Attachments

BBerson

Light Plane Philosopher
HBA Supporter
That Quickie (photo one above) flew with the others. Went around three times and sounded like a mower going by.
First time I ever seen one fly.

BJC

HBA Supporter
In order:
NXT
HBAer Nick and his gorgeous scaled Ryan.
80 years old and still elegant; Beech Staggerwing.

B17129A9-AC62-42D2-8592-43856E00D56C.jpeg 97B85F55-9C5B-402A-9F31-CDB2AD8D3C62.jpeg 75EBC230-8E98-460B-B905-B4055BA9EFE6.jpeg

plncraze

HBA Supporter
On the subject of people not looking up from their phones: I talked to a Hawker 800 pilot who had been doing high dollar charters for a while and he said that folks used to look out the window but now they just want to know if he has wifi. Fifi flew over my house a few times last week and I would always look. Quite a different noise than usual.

TFF

It’s always nice to meet people from this forum, I wish I could have met more.

I’m not heavy into the air show, but they did put up 16 P-51s out of the 20 I counted on the field during Thursday’s show. It’s also the first time I got to see a Mosquito fly. Of course it sounds like a pair of spits or mustangs by its self. One Spit there too. Always surreal with B-17s flying overhead all day like they were 172s and Mustangs taking off all day too.

That picture of the Starship kneeling with the EZs is one Rutan shared during his talk Thursday. That and one with it in formation with his homebuilt design. Beech I guess did not want the homebuilt association so those pictures were under wraps until he retired. You could tell he loved his Starship.

robertl

On the subject of people not looking up from their phones: I talked to a Hawker 800 pilot who had been doing high dollar charters for a while and he said that folks used to look out the window but now they just want to know if he has wifi. Fifi flew over my house a few times last week and I would always look. Quite a different noise than usual.
At just under 73, I still look up every time I hear an airplane.
Bob

Urquiola

At just under 73, I still look up every time I hear an airplane.
Bob
Your icon reminds an Spanish proverb: 'If you were born to be a donkey, the packsaddle will fall on you from sky', different to a Ruben Blades song: 'Pedro Navaja', another version of Kurt Weil 'Mackie Messer': 'If you was born to be a hammer, nails will fall to you from sky'. There's also one by the Rolling Stones, citing 'Beast of burden'.
There's people for everything, as bullfighter 'El Gallo' pointed. Salut +