Oshkosh 2019

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

davidb

I'm showing up tomorrow with 4 boys and my mom.

Sounds like a lot of chaos going on at the EAA grounds. Almost feel like cancelling and trying to shoot for a different day.
If you are coming from the south thru Waupun, stop and have breakfast with us. Were you planning on camping or just going for the day?

plncraze

HBA Supporter
Keep those pictures coming please! The EAA is starting to post some there is some other cool stuff there too that will slip under their radar!

plncraze

HBA Supporter
The RV-5 is an example of what happens when you design for a specific engine. In this case it was the Carr Twin.

Little Scrapper

HBA Supporter
Log Member
I'm getting ready to hop on my motorcycle, gas her up and make the trip to Oshkosh. I do this every year where I eat lunch by Steve Wittmans airplanes. It's become a sort of silent tradition. Weird, I know. Almost always next to the neglected little V-Witt. It's about a 1-1/2 hour drive for me. Because of a crazy scheduling conflict all I'm going to do today is drive out to Osh for lunch with Wittmans ghost at Pioneer airport and jump on the bike and head back home.

If anyone wants to join me I'm easy to spot. I'm wearing my work clothes which are old jeans and a dark blue wore out t shirt. Faded red had and sunglasses. Blue tennis shoes. I look like a plumber.

I should arrive about 11:30 12:00 ish. If we haven't met I'd love to meet you. If we have met swing over to Steve's little V Witt and let's chat for an hour.

Dennis DeFrange

HBA Supporter
I took my M/C up there in 2015 . Camped in Scholer an got to ride around in town a good bit . Loved riding up there . Quit riding since and had always wanted to be able to do that , I did . Not there this year or I'd ease over and chat . Looking at going next year . Hope ta catch up with ya then . Be careful out there , alotta cell phone pilots out these days .

mcrae0104

Armchair Mafia Conspirator
HBA Supporter
Log Member
IMG_7677.JPG SD-1 cockpit. I don't quite fit but just might in the XL version. John Vining was patient enough to answer about a half hour's worth of questions. IMG_7684.JPG IMG_7685.JPG Nick's ST is every bit as immaculate and beautiful as you can imagine. IMG_7686.JPG I guess I'm out of excuses--time to get back to work on the plane.

Last edited:

Wayne

Log Member
I'll be presenting on youth engagement in EAA Chapters with 4 of my youth group members in the Blue Barn tomorrow, July 24th, at 10 am, and staying at the show Wednesday, leaving at night then back on Friday and Saturday! I have a Chapter leaders breakfast from 8-10 am on Saturday morning (apparently I won an award, but I don't know why) but if I get going early will try to come find you guys. If you are bored come say hi in the Blue Barn :) If you hear a drunk Brit hanging out with the South Africans at 2 am in the morning in Camp Scholler that will most likely be me :)

https://www.eaa.org/eaa/event/Engaging_Youth_with_Your_Chapter?id=457ABAA572614B25A7F7AC8A317E6E8D

Wayne

plncraze

HBA Supporter
Thanks! That is the cutest Zero.
Henryk that is a great link. Watching OSH on a Russian internet link. Pope Paul would love it!

plncraze

HBA Supporter
That Pitts is beautiful! A few Pitts have won Grand Champion there.

Group Builder