Oshkosh 2019

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

robertl

As camping under the wing is not for me, hotel reservations have been made...a year in advance. Plus a rental car is arranged, right on the field at a local FBO.

That does not mean that I will attend, but everything is all set for the trip.
Sounds like a plan to me !
Bob

Raceair

After 44 Oshkosh trips, I think I am done. missed last year, and will miss this year, mostly for health reasons. Went to rockford 5 times as a kid, then 44 Oshkosh's...Kinda sad....

wsimpso1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Log Member
Hi Gang, new to this site. Hope to see all y'all at HBC this year. it will be our 4th year of the Sunday Beer Tasting to kick off the great week ahead. Great way to meet and connect with homebuilding folks under our new pavillion.
How do we find you? What time should we be there?

wsimpso1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Log Member
As camping under the wing is not for me, hotel reservations have been made...a year in advance. Plus a rental car is arranged, right on the field at a local FBO.

That does not mean that I will attend, but everything is all set for the trip.
Well, what time and where do we meet to go to dinner with you?

BJC

HBA Supporter
Hi Gang, new to this site. Hope to see all y'all at HBC this year. it will be our 4th year of the Sunday Beer Tasting to kick off the great week ahead. Great way to meet and connect with homebuilding folks under our new pavillion.
What should I bring?

BJC

Mark Schoening

HBA Supporter
We were their last week - IT IS WET! Be prepared if a dry spell doesn't happen.
We stake a spot for a 5th wheel - This year It's gonna be rough I think! Under the trees is a soup hole. Trucks of gravel coming in for roads...
Bring galoshes, mudders, and dry socks if camping....I'm bringing a credit card for the wrecker.....:(

robertl

We were their last week - IT IS WET! Be prepared if a dry spell doesn't happen.
We stake a spot for a 5th wheel - This year It's gonna be rough I think! Under the trees is a soup hole. Trucks of gravel coming in for roads...
Bring galoshes, mudders, and dry socks if camping....I'm bringing a credit card for the wrecker.....:(
I pulled my vintage Apache camper last year and it had been raining for 2 days when we got there. After leaving the check in station about 9:30 pm, I got stuck on the first road I turned onto looking for a camping site. We spent the night in the truck and after a 19 hr. drive, it wasn't fun. The rest of the week was great though.
Bob

RSD

Flying in from Australia for my first Oshkosh - landing Sunday lunchtime at Appleton then have Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday at the show before the long haul back to Oz starts on Thursday

BJC

HBA Supporter
After 44 Oshkosh trips, I think I am done. missed last year, and will miss this year, mostly for health reasons. Went to rockford 5 times as a kid, then 44 Oshkosh's...Kinda sad....
Raceair:

I was hoping to see you; get back to good health soon.

Any thoughts about adapting Pete’s O-100 engine to one of your airframes or developing a new airframe just for the engine?

BJC

BJC

HBA Supporter
Flying in from Australia for my first Oshkosh - landing Sunday lunchtime at Appleton then have Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday at the show before the long haul back to Oz starts on Thursday
Stop by for coffee.

What part of Australia are you from?

BJC

RSD

Stop by for coffee.

What part of Australia are you from?

BJC
Outer south east suburbs of Melbourne. Looking for some nice but not too hot weather at Oshkosh as its winter here and we are having a colder than usual one.

BJC

HBA Supporter
Outer south east suburbs of Melbourne. Looking for some nice but not too hot weather at Oshkosh as its winter here and we are having a colder than usual one.
Had a great time in and around Melbourne about 22 years ago.

Australia was the friendliest place that I have visited when travelling outside of the USA. I'll try to reciprocate.

BJC

Hephaestus

Is there an idiots guide to Oshkosh? Knew this year was SOL - pretty much anticipated the first 2 delays on the panel upgrade... Getting pissed that I might miss my summer plans to meander through the Yukon /NWT at through rate the delays are stacking up...

But I think next year I'm going to make it a priority to attend.

Jerry Fischer

Don't forget the Sunday prior to show HBC offers some welcome perks such as coffee (6-9AM), even have custom Homebuilders cups available for a nominal fee. We have a Sunday (bring a 6pk. of your local beer) tasting, starts at 4PM to ice down beer. Corn roast on Wednesday for Homebuilders, lots of other good stuff.
from your Homebuilt Camping volunteer staffsnoozing at homebuilt.JPG