• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Original bd5 650cc hirth engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larrywal

Hirth 650cc dual ignition twin carb. With original exhaust. The upgraded hirth 280r that was redesigned for the bd5 in 1973. (Hirth f20 ba1)Has only a few hours on it and was sealed up in climate controlled storage for years. Will obviously need new oil seals at minimum. Possibly more. Appears to be in excellent condition and turns over with what seems to be good compression. Figured that I would try to sell it here first before ebay. Pics coming soon. $2000 obo. Bought from the original owner for my Buccaneer xa but it puts it overweight (I was under the impression that I had a little more wiggle room from the original engine weight but it turns out that It was overweight with the 503 that was on it.)

Last edited:
Back