• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Open Cockpit Windshield Construction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveair2

After several failed attempts at building a one piece aluminum windshield frame for my Biplane; I have decided to build one from steel.
I tried to gather information off the internet on the subject. There is not much there.

Due to the lack of information available on the subject, I have decided to document my windshield project on it's own separate thread.
This may help someone else that Google's open cockpit windshield construction.
If anyone has any information or advise on the subject, please PM me so I can use, and include it into this thread.

The first picture is my failed attempts at a one piece aluminum frame. The second is a method I found to build a steel one on the Fly Baby site.

This link Windshields & Canopy - The Biplane Forum is from the Biplane Forum.

This is the type of frame that I will be building. Failure is not an option.

Attachments

• TSW1.JPG
    TSW1.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 209
  • fbshield.jpg
    fbshield.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 285
Last edited:
Back