Quantcast

One of the really Good Flyers !

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

fly2kads

HBA Supporter
LOL, his level of risk tolerance is clearly higher than mine! That was some skilled, high-precision flying, and the video is great, but his proximity to people and structures made the hair on my neck stand up on end.

Dana

Super Moderator
Staff member
Skilled flying to be sure, but not as extreme as it may look if you haven't flown a paragliders, the low speed and good controllability of a modern paragliders makes it not that difficult.

Derswede

Some of that was in Brasil, lots of lawyers here in the US, much lower level there. There are ultralights that fly off the beach there.

Nice article (in Spanish) for an Argentine design:

El avión ultraligero más veloz del mundo se montará en Punta del Este "The fastest Ultralight" Crossed the atlantic.

Trans:
"It is the first time that such an aircraft has crossed the Atlantic. With the support of the IDM and the Punta del Este Aeroclub, the plane, which landed in Melo, will arrive this Wednesday, if the weather is good, at 2:00 p.m.

The aeronautical engineer, Alberto Porto, chose the Peninsula as the destination of his first journey that will allow him to test the prototype of the Risen plane.

The aircraft will be based in El Jagüel and will be used for demonstrations in the countries of the Region, while the company analyzes the installation of a production plant in Uruguay.

More than 11 thousand kilometers in five days

The historical tour will begin in the next few days in Pavullo (Italy), and will continue through Gran Canaria (Spain), Sao Felipe (Cape Verde), Natal and Bello Horizonte (Brazil), until reaching Punta del Este (Uruguay).

The crossing constitutes a new event of importance for the destination since it will have the coverage of the main media in Europe and America. It will be possible to follow the flight live and observe the images of the spectacular scenarios that the pilot will see live during the journey."

Derswede

John.Roo

It is not type of plane I prefer - I still love flying with engine off - but flight across Atlantic is impressive. I suppose it was not "serial" plane, because for over 2 500 km flight leg you need at least increased fuel tanks. Would be interesting to know fuel consumption at the 260 km/h cruise speed and fuel tanks volume. My estimation is 1x pilot aboard + 200 lit fuel capacity.

mullacharjak

C
It is not type of plane I prefer - I still love flying with engine off - but flight across Atlantic is impressive. I suppose it was not "serial" plane, because for over 2 500 km flight leg you need at least increased fuel tanks. Would be interesting to know fuel consumption at the 260 km/h cruise speed and fuel tanks volume. My estimation is 1x pilot aboard + 200 lit fuel capacity.
Cant you fly across Siberia to get to America.No need to cross the Atlantic.Offcourse you cant do it with the engine off.

John.Roo

That is true - there are also other ways how to go arround globe :)

I remember it was a plan to make Great Air Race - flight from London to Darwin - for electric and hybrid airplanes. This project has been cancelled and I agree that is probably a bit too early to make this flight with electric airplanes.
However could be interesting for actual UL/LSA aiprlanes to fly same race today and compare speed vs fuel consumption. With good sponsor behind could be nice challenge :)

Bille Floyd

LOL, his level of risk tolerance is clearly higher than mine! That was some skilled, high-precision flying, and the video is great, but his proximity to people and structures made the hair on my neck stand up on end.
I , "WISH" i was as smart as you ; gravity has bin rather Unkind
to me over the years , (lost Leg'S, spleen, trimmed liver, broken
bones) but yet i still keep flying with the same disregard for safety.

My last flight on the Exxtacy, was at Crestline , near San Bernardino.
The thee hours in the air ; i spent two of them within fifty to one-hundred
foot of the ground, in marginal, thermic air.

I might need Fixing ?

Bille