• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Onan for RW6?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeoB

Hi!

I am a complete newbie regarding planes. Engine work I can do.

I am interested in building an RW6. I know pert near nothing about them. I haven't talked to anyone that has one flying. All I know is what Roger has on his site.

It says it can handle a 1/2 VW. It doesn't say for sure if it will be Part 103 compliant with that engine. I would sure like to know before I commit to it.

Actually, I am thinking of using a 24-26 hp Onan aluminum block 60 cu in engine. There exists goodies to hop these up somewhat, I know the tractor pullers have used this engine for quite a while. I was imagining something like 30 hp maybe. I think the setup is lighter than a 1/2 VW, but I'm not sure about any of this.

I would really like to correspond with someone flying a similar plane, guess it doesn't have to be a RW6.

I'd like to chat with anyone familiar with the Onan. I am not. Neither do I have one. :) But I don't have a 1/2 VW either!

If I had an engine I could go flying if I had a plane if I was a pilot. :)

I'm about to retire and am thinking this would keep me off the streets.

thanks
GeoB

Back