Omac the Newbe

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

OMAC

Hi to all those members who have forgotten more than I know. I am getting ready to retire and looking for a new adrenaline sport. I tried powered parachutes and enjoyed the flight experience, but I was always concerned that if I had to land, taking off may not be possible. My interest has turned to Weight Shift Trikes. I like to design and build my toys, most of the fun in in the building process. I have built "Dirt Bikes" and raced them for many years, but family responsibilities slowed this down.

As I look at options and the different methods of construction, suspension, engines etc. it is very clear that their are talented people that like to overcome obstacles and design a solution. Experience is the best teacher and I hope to tap into some of the knowledge that is in this forum

Thanks for helping a newbe out

OMAC

pwood66889

Welcome aboard, Omac. There used to be a "Trike" operator at 2J0. He used it to build a book on saltworks of the Confederacy here in NW FL, USA.
I'm sure more will chime in with better advise!

Riggerrob

Welcome dear omac.

Caution, a long time ago (1981 to 1989), there was a real airplane manufacturer by the same name. Old Mans' Airplane Company built three prototypes, but never progressed as far as production.
The mission was to fly 6 or 7 humans - or light freight on short hops (e.g. 300 miles).
It was an all-metal, high-wing, canard with a turbo-prop turning a single pusher propeller. The first wing was constant-chord, with massive LERX, but - after testing in a NASA wind-tunnel - the second wing was a more conventional tapered, swept wing (ala. Rutan Long Eze). Vertical stabilizers and rudders were bolted to main wing tips.

Bill-Higdon

Welcome dear omac.

Caution, a long time ago (1981 to 1989), there was a real airplane manufacturer by the same name. Old Mans' Airplane Company built three prototypes, but never progressed as far as production.
The mission was to fly 6 or 7 humans - or light freight on short hops (e.g. 300 miles).
It was an all-metal, high-wing, canard with a turbo-prop turning a single pusher propeller. The first wing was constant-chord, with massive LERX, but - after testing in a NASA wind-tunnel - the second wing was a more conventional tapered, swept wing (ala. Rutan Long Eze). Vertical stabilizers and rudders were bolted to main wing tips.
Actually they had 2 designs see American airplanes: O