• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Old Crow's Le Pelican restoration

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldcrow

Hello all,
If some of you didn't know, I was gifted my Le Pelican in October, from Percy.
Here are a couple of pics with her loaded on the trailer.

lp1.jpg
lp2.jpg

So after a 300 mile trip back home, I hung the wings up in the shop.

IMG_0833.JPG

The rudder just needed cleaning and primed.

IMG_0831.JPG

I started on tearing the fuse. down, as all the nuts and bolts were a bit rusty. I then separated the parts into two buckets - reusable and parts to be remade. Show is the bucket of parts to be remade. ( the whole fuse. could fit in a 5 gallon bucket, just thought that was funny having a plane in a bucket)

IMG_0835.JPG

There was "technically" nothing wrong with these parts. It was just that the original builder drilled the rivet holes all crooked and I am to OCD to let that pass. (if you look closely at the 2 primed tubes you can see what I mean)

Here are some of the parts that have been primed and painted.

IMG_0832.JPG IMG_0834.JPG

As I have removed each part, I have measured it and I am in the process of putting each part in CAD.
Like so
F-100.jpg

This way, if i ever need to make a new part I can print out the responding sheet. I will also make a construction manual to illustrate how each part is fitted.

Back