• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Old Blanik L 13 Glider

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martti Mattila

I have Blanik L-13 Glider in my posession it is those old ones that has issues with their wings and main wing carry tru. Has been flying with VW engine and two people on board. But now after that mishap in Austria where two on board and full waterballast one broke appart during a aerobatic manouver no flying is permitted. From max weight to zero in one night very frustrating. You have those in U.S.A. too. I know some could be modified expensively by authorised shop but these wings are not eligible for that. Bitty to melt down a glider to make beer cans so I have this idea to make a wing struts and that way restore a air worthy in legal aspects.
It is on Experimental category already anyway.
So what people think is it possible modified a cantilever wing to be supported with wing struts. How do you strut already rigid construction where main pins are vertical like a Kitfox and clones.
I know there is a money to be made with this one from frustrated Blanik owners from all over the world. Let me hear it.

Attachments

• Blanik-L13 Motor.jpg
    Blanik-L13 Motor.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 44
Back