• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Official Introduction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkQ

Greetings,

It seems I have again broken a cardinal rule! No introduction prior to posting, well much like boot camp, "Take that hat off in the gallley numb nuts" it takes a while to get to know the ropes, So I'll try again. My name is Mark for those interested. I have spent oh about 30 years in the "Flying Industry" been there, done that kinda person: helicopter mechanic, airplane mechanic, flight engineer, director of maintenance, Quaility Control Inspector, been with the airlines and manufactures, (A&P) presently own an aviation type of business, (GE is my primary customer, oh yeah Uncle Sam uses our services also to some degree). Been an airport commissioner, was a Search and Rescue swimmer, (Yeah like the ones in Perfect Storm) lots of guts and little brains (Youth) needless to say I was in the Navy for two life times! Or seven years, six months and twenty-nine days. Then again who counts the days when your having such a great time! Spent time in south and central america, the middle east and other garden spots of the world as a result of all my wonderful experience and training...It really does pay to share. This info and a dollar might get me a cup of coffee someday ...but Its highly unlikely. Now then, if that didn't put you to sleep maybe this will, I came to this site because I made the screwball mistake of buying a homebuilt. Now that I have it, it seems I'm the only one in the US interested in this type of airplane... I have had zero luck in finding another living sole whom may want to remotely talk shop. So in closing its been a hoot ..hope to hear from you soon..

:D

Back