(Off Topic) There are still good people out there!

Discussion in 'Hangar Flying' started by Aerowerx, Oct 26, 2019.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Oct 26, 2019 #1

Aerowerx

Aerowerx

Aerowerx

I have been trying to build a ham radio project. A GPS disciplined 10 MHz oscillator.

I thought I was having a problem with the oscillator itself so I ordered another. Turned out that it was a bad GPS receiver.

Anyway, the replacement oscillator was supposed to be here this week but did not come.

Today I got an email from the eBay seller. He said that the package was all ready to go, but the postman did not pick up the package. So he is going to be sending me another one at no charge! That's 2 of them for the price of 1.

This was so amazing that I had to tell someone.

Derswede likes this.
  2. Oct 27, 2019 #2

Daleandee

Daleandee

Daleandee

There are some amazing companies out there. Here's another example that is aviation related.

I love my Clarity Aloft headset. Being able to hear with stunningly clear audio is wonderful but also the transmitted voice is exceptional to many that have commented to me about my radio. The radio itself is a Flightline 760.

But after a few years of using my Clarity Aloft headset I had some intermittent distortion in the mic that I could hear in the headset. I returned them (I paid shipping) and they could not find a problem but replaced a few parts that were slightly out of spec. After a few months the same concern arose again. Again I returned them and again they could find no problem with many hours of bench testing. I believe the mic itself was replaced the second time and a few months later it happened again.

When I returned them the third time they sent me a new set! It is worth nothing that through all of this mentioned above Clarity Aloft never charged me anything and there was no cost for the new headset that has been flawless in operation for sometime now. The real stunning part is that these headphone were out of warranty before the first time I sent them back! That is service well above and beyond the customer's expectation. They have won me over with their product and service!

Dale
    N319WF

Hephaestus likes this.
  3. Oct 27, 2019 #3

plncraze

plncraze

plncraze

Well-Known Member HBA Supporter

Also never underestimate the power of positive feedback and paying your bill. It is shocking to see how many "bad" customers there are out there. If you paid once they want you to come back again!

4. Oct 27, 2019 #4

Aerowerx

Aerowerx

Aerowerx

On eBay I always pay right away with PayPal.

5. Oct 27, 2019 #5

plncraze

plncraze

plncraze

Well-Known Member HBA Supporter

Same here. That gets you great feedback. Makes you wonder what other folks do.