• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

OFF-TOPIC Mathematical or Data Analysis Request OFF-TOPIC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Victor Bravo

Supporting Member
This is only 1% on-topic, and that 1% is only because I know some of the folks on this forum have very high levels of education in mathematics, prob/stat, data analysis, and the related disciplines. All of that is faaar beyond my capacity to understand or put into practical use.

An aviation friend of mine (retired Huey gunship driver) e-mailed me something containing a fair amount of data analysis. This analysis purportedly indicated that there is a measurable anomaly which affected the quantitative results of a non-aviation matter of interest to me. But making any sense out of the data, and especially determining if the data was valid, is out of my skill set.

But, the question which the data was being collected to answer is not really on-topic here. I don't want to violate the HBA code of conduct by getting into something that's not about airplanes.

So, are any of the qualified math/data people here are interested in looking at the data report that was sent to me, and applying your skills to form an opinion as to whether the purported anomaly could be valid, or is likely to not be valid?

Again the underlying question is a non-aviation matter, so it probably is not relevant to HBA... but the only access I have to really smart data people is through this forum, so if any of you high brain function types want to apply those brain cells to an interesting puzzle, please PM me.

Nobody's on the hook for anything, nobody has any responsibility for solving any major problems, no legal repercussions, no money changing hands, nothing even remotely outside of any law. And I will reciprocate in kind with a little of my skills or capabilities should you ever need it.

Back