NSI

Discussion in 'Subaru' started by paulgy80, Apr 30, 2008.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Apr 30, 2008 #1

paulgy80

paulgy80

paulgy80

Can anybody tell me if NSI that used to be based at Everett Washington is still there or if they are still in business, maybe they are into a new form of devilment??

Paul

2. May 1, 2008 #2

orion

orion

orion

Devilment is right. I knew them quite well - the local gossip was that they had more attorneys sitting on their doorstep than paying customers. Considering their reputation, I'm not surprised.

The last bit of news I heard (about two years ago) was that the original instigator of the company was removed from all positions of responsibility, to be replaced by one of the principal investors. However, his reputation is apparently not much better so most folks I've discussed this with still recommend a very healthy dose of caution.

Their last location was at the North end of Arlington.

3. May 1, 2008 #3

paulgy80

paulgy80

paulgy80

Hi Orion

Thanks for the update, I knew and visited Lance for 2 or 3 times, I could never get to the bottom of what belonged to NSI and what didn't. I was left with the feeling that he wanted you to think he owned the machine shop that was part of one of the units he ( well I think) rented.

The Sub engines he said he brought in from Japan but another contact said he was buying them out of the US recyclers. The gearbox had some good and bad points but his sales pitch was a bit of smoke and mirrors, the electronic ignition was another off the shelf item with the badges removed and his put on, his main backer was a Doctor, a brit that moved to the US.

The last I heard was that he had something to do with Geo Suzi conversions. I think he refurbed a loverly Corvette (with the split rear window) and his house on investors and engine buyers money, once again hearsay but quite credible.

Would love to know how it all ended if anybody has any info, no specific reason just interested.
    Paul

4. Dec 7, 2012 #4

Glastar1

Glastar1

Glastar1

Yup, I know quite a bit about the NSI enterprise. I can answer some specific questions.
    contact me on my e-mail address: vnolan@q.com.

dholly likes this.