Nothing

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

blane.c

HBA Supporter
I'm going to run for President of the United States next year in no political party and promise to not sign any laws. Since I am not a politician, you can expect me to keep my promise.

How many votes except my one vote? Wife says anyone except me :)
I promise to take the salary and spend it on fuel for my airplane.
Been an airport bum since 5 years old and will not stop. If you want to see me you will have to come to the airport.
I'll go down in history for sure.

"POPS for President"
P for P :)

Added ==== OOPS, forgot not to talk about P******s.
I'll vote for you too.

blane.c

HBA Supporter
I have a friend who is building a all wood plane and from time to time I get a picture. After looking at photos I ask myself do I say or do "NOTHING" ? At the age of 80 plus of my friend I don't want to discourage him in any fashion of finishing his AC But the truth is I see wood that with out a doubt does not meet run out rules set by FAA such as knots in the middle of longeron. This situation has brought a few sleepless nights for me because as of date I have only expressed how important it is to build the AC to meet all requirements enforced by the inspector who at one date will inspect the AC for certificate of air- worthiness. Like many things in life at times it's best to say or do nothing but I wonder just were you all stand in this situation ?
I agree with Fritz.

Pops

Log Member
OK, Great ! I have my first million votes. ( Washington's new math ). And a few to go.

mullacharjak

The DTR (designated technical representative) called asking why I was doing nothing about my minimax project.I replied as I was now more inclined towards a pietenpol aircamper which immobilized me into doing nothing about the minimax.He advised i should look towards a more simple aircraft which I could complete like an Affordaplane or else I would end up doing nothing.As soon as he hung up i moved to the garden onto the swing and soared back and forth eyes closed.Doing nothing can be the right thing sometimes.:(

Pops

Log Member
Get your name on the ballot in all 50 states and USA territories and possessions is first step.
I have a campaign manager. Thank you for your interest.

( standard form letter ).

Jay Kempf

Curmudgeon in Training (CIT)
Lifetime Supporter
POPS FOR PRESIDENT! Hurry up Michael Bloomberg beat you into the race.

Cross country fuel for everyone would be a good platform. Just a secret platform for the flat engine-ers (sorta like flat earth-ers)

Aren't you worried that Agolf Twittler will want to see your birth certificate?

Pops

Log Member
POPS FOR PRESIDENT! Hurry up Michael Bloomberg beat you into the race.

Cross country fuel for everyone would be a good platform. Just a secret platform for the flat engine-ers (sorta like flat earth-ers)

Aren't you worried that Agolf Twittler will want to see your birth certificate?

Speaking of birth certificate, had to renew my drivers license a couple years ago. Took 3 trips to the DMV with hours of waiting. First I had to have my birth certificate , (Not birth Announcement ) I took it in, Not Good, had to be on the latest birth certificate form. I wasn't born this year so it is not on the latest form, had to call the WV state DMV office in Charleston and get an application for a copy of my birth certificate on the latest form along with a nice check with the appication. Told the woman that I worked for a military contractor in the 1960's making parts for the military and my birth certificate was good enough for the Federal government and it should be good enough for the state government. OOPs , another problem, they didn't tell me about, have to have 3 home utility bills to prove you live at the listed address. I just have two.

It was even worst than that when I bought a camper from a woman down the road last year. They wanted a copy of the sellers marriage license to make sure her last name is correct. She made me a copy as requested and I took it in. NOPE , not good enough, then was told it has to be the original, not a copy. I was loosing my cool, looked over to the Cop that was looking at me. Then another woman came over and told the PERSON? waiting on me that she would take over and get it taken care of. She was also upset at what was going on and got everything straighten up and apologized for the treatment from the first PERSON?

The next time I need to get my drivers license renewed, believe it would be a lot easier to just drive without renewing my license and pay the fine when caught. But , that has problems. I don't want to get shot by a cop that is itching to put a round in someone or just get lucky and just spend a few days in the hospital for a beating for doing nothing.
The world is going nuts and sometimes I think I live in the main building of the insane asylum. Each year I think it can't get worse, but it does.

pictsidhe

Pffft, try that as an immigrant. I need a new license every year. To add to the fun, I currently need a new passport stamp annually. This year that took 5 weeks, I spent 3 hours on the phone to DHS, NOT including 8 hours on hold (I put it on speakerphone and do other stuff). Last year, I made an appointment online in minutes to get my passport stamped. When I finally went in this year, the immigration officer told me that I could only get a new stamp if the old one was under a month from expiration, I should not have been given the appointment! She cut me a break when I told her just how much of my and the DHS time had already been wasted for her to tell me that! It was also a day off work and a 150 miles of driving to attend.

When I first moved here, I was driving for a nearly a year without a US license. I was entitled to a license, but I didn't have the right immigration paperwork for the DMV. I discussed that with a cop at the time. He told me that his sister in law had exactly the same problem and he was unable to help her get a license... Don't assume that cops are unaware of the issues. They will have heard about them.

Pops

Log Member
Pffft, try that as an immigrant. I need a new license every year. To add to the fun, I currently need a new passport stamp annually. This year that took 5 weeks, I spent 3 hours on the phone to DHS, NOT including 8 hours on hold (I put it on speakerphone and do other stuff). Last year, I made an appointment online in minutes to get my passport stamped. When I finally went in this year, the immigration officer told me that I could only get a new stamp if the old one was under a month from expiration, I should not have been given the appointment! She cut me a break when I told her just how much of my and the DHS time had already been wasted for her to tell me that! It was also a day off work and a 150 miles of driving to attend.

When I first moved here, I was driving for a nearly a year without a US license. I was entitled to a license, but I didn't have the right immigration paperwork for the DMV. I discussed that with a cop at the time. He told me that his sister in law had exactly the same problem and he was unable to help her get a license... Don't assume that cops are unaware of the issues. They will have heard about them.
Sure would be bad for you in this state.
Now I understand a little of the problems my Grandfather had at the time. He became a citizen at 49 years old. Being not able to vote or have a drivers license until 49 years old, he never did neither one for the rest of his life.

Is not off topic. Amount of common sense, Zero, NOTHING, in their heads for brains.

Last edited:

Jay Kempf

Curmudgeon in Training (CIT)
Lifetime Supporter
You don't live in the main building of the insane asylum. My wife works for Michael Bloomberg's company. She has to be in Manhattan every week. I have to go there enough to make my head hurt. But Manhattan has always been that way. I live in a tiny ski town in the middle of Vermont. Not the main building of the asylum either. We can choose to ignore it here. Helps not having a TV.

POPS for President!

Pops

Log Member
I guarantee to not make any mistakes in my term as President of the United States of America. When you do nothing , nothing can be wrong in any way.

WATCH OUT PRESIDENT TRUMP, Here I Come. :)

I have a question . IF I become president, who ( or is it Whom ? ) , do I ask if I can fly Air force One from the right seat ? I might not be very smart, but I'm not dumb enough to try the left seat. :) I would like to live a few more moons. Its to beautiful to put a scratch on it.

Will Aldridge

Log Member
I guarantee to not make any mistakes in my term as President of the United States of America. When you do nothing , nothing can be wrong in any way.

WATCH OUT PRESIDENT TRUMP, Here I Come. :)

I have a question . IF I become president, who ( or is it Whom ? ) , do I ask if I can fly Air force One from the right seat ? I might not be very smart, but I'm not dumb enough to try the left seat. :) I would like to live a few more moons. Its to beautiful to put a scratch on it.
As CinC I imagine you could order the air force officer to get his butt outta that seat. But then you woulda done something and broke your promise to do nothing.