Nothing

Discussion in 'Hangar Flying' started by Aerowerx, Dec 4, 2019.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Dec 6, 2019 #61

blane.c

blane.c

blane.c

Well-Known Member HBA Supporter

I'll vote for you too.

2. Dec 6, 2019 #62

blane.c

blane.c

blane.c

I agree with Fritz.

3. Dec 6, 2019 #63

Pops

Pops

Pops

OK, Great ! I have my first million votes. ( Washington's new math ). And a few to go.

4. Dec 6, 2019 #64

Geraldc

Geraldc

Geraldc

would nothing look like this?

5. Dec 6, 2019 #65

mullacharjak

mullacharjak

mullacharjak

The DTR (designated technical representative) called asking why I was doing nothing about my minimax project.I replied as I was now more inclined towards a pietenpol aircamper which immobilized me into doing nothing about the minimax.He advised i should look towards a more simple aircraft which I could complete like an Affordaplane or else I would end up doing nothing.As soon as he hung up i moved to the garden onto the swing and soared back and forth eyes closed.Doing nothing can be the right thing sometimes.:(

6. Dec 6, 2019 #66

AdrianS

AdrianS

AdrianS

I have nothing to say.

7. Dec 6, 2019 #67

blane.c

blane.c

blane.c

Get your name on the ballot in all 50 states and USA territories and possessions is first step.

8. Dec 6, 2019 #68

Pops

Pops

Pops

I have a campaign manager. Thank you for your interest.

( standard form letter ).

9. Dec 6, 2019 #69

cheapracer

cheapracer

cheapracer

Well that's nothing to write home about.

10. Dec 6, 2019 #70

Aerowerx

Aerowerx

Aerowerx

Saying "I have nothing to say" is having something to say!

So the thing you have to say is that you have nothing to say.

11. Dec 6, 2019 #71

Jay Kempf

Jay Kempf

Jay Kempf

Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

POPS FOR PRESIDENT! Hurry up Michael Bloomberg beat you into the race.

Cross country fuel for everyone would be a good platform. Just a secret platform for the flat engine-ers (sorta like flat earth-ers)

Aren't you worried that Agolf Twittler will want to see your birth certificate?

12. Dec 6, 2019 #72

blane.c

blane.c

blane.c

We could all do a write in campaign … whether he likes it or not.

13. Dec 7, 2019 #73

pictsidhe

pictsidhe

pictsidhe

No

14. Dec 7, 2019 #74

Pops

Pops

Pops

Speaking of birth certificate, had to renew my drivers license a couple years ago. Took 3 trips to the DMV with hours of waiting. First I had to have my birth certificate , (Not birth Announcement ) I took it in, Not Good, had to be on the latest birth certificate form. I wasn't born this year so it is not on the latest form, had to call the WV state DMV office in Charleston and get an application for a copy of my birth certificate on the latest form along with a nice check with the appication. Told the woman that I worked for a military contractor in the 1960's making parts for the military and my birth certificate was good enough for the Federal government and it should be good enough for the state government. OOPs , another problem, they didn't tell me about, have to have 3 home utility bills to prove you live at the listed address. I just have two.

It was even worst than that when I bought a camper from a woman down the road last year. They wanted a copy of the sellers marriage license to make sure her last name is correct. She made me a copy as requested and I took it in. NOPE , not good enough, then was told it has to be the original, not a copy. I was loosing my cool, looked over to the Cop that was looking at me. Then another woman came over and told the PERSON? waiting on me that she would take over and get it taken care of. She was also upset at what was going on and got everything straighten up and apologized for the treatment from the first PERSON?

The next time I need to get my drivers license renewed, believe it would be a lot easier to just drive without renewing my license and pay the fine when caught. But , that has problems. I don't want to get shot by a cop that is itching to put a round in someone or just get lucky and just spend a few days in the hospital for a beating for doing nothing.
    The world is going nuts and sometimes I think I live in the main building of the insane asylum. Each year I think it can't get worse, but it does.

MadRocketScientist, blane.c and thump like this.
  15. Dec 7, 2019 #75

pictsidhe

pictsidhe

pictsidhe

Pffft, try that as an immigrant. I need a new license every year. To add to the fun, I currently need a new passport stamp annually. This year that took 5 weeks, I spent 3 hours on the phone to DHS, NOT including 8 hours on hold (I put it on speakerphone and do other stuff). Last year, I made an appointment online in minutes to get my passport stamped. When I finally went in this year, the immigration officer told me that I could only get a new stamp if the old one was under a month from expiration, I should not have been given the appointment! She cut me a break when I told her just how much of my and the DHS time had already been wasted for her to tell me that! It was also a day off work and a 150 miles of driving to attend.

When I first moved here, I was driving for a nearly a year without a US license. I was entitled to a license, but I didn't have the right immigration paperwork for the DMV. I discussed that with a cop at the time. He told me that his sister in law had exactly the same problem and he was unable to help her get a license... Don't assume that cops are unaware of the issues. They will have heard about them.

16. Dec 7, 2019 #76

Pops

Pops

Pops

Sure would be bad for you in this state.
    Now I understand a little of the problems my Grandfather had at the time. He became a citizen at 49 years old. Being not able to vote or have a drivers license until 49 years old, he never did neither one for the rest of his life.

Is not off topic. Amount of common sense, Zero, NOTHING, in their heads for brains.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
  17. Dec 7, 2019 #77

Jay Kempf

Jay Kempf

Jay Kempf

You don't live in the main building of the insane asylum. My wife works for Michael Bloomberg's company. She has to be in Manhattan every week. I have to go there enough to make my head hurt. But Manhattan has always been that way. I live in a tiny ski town in the middle of Vermont. Not the main building of the asylum either. We can choose to ignore it here. Helps not having a TV.

POPS for President!

Pops likes this.
  18. Dec 7, 2019 #78

Pops

Pops

Pops

I guarantee to not make any mistakes in my term as President of the United States of America. When you do nothing , nothing can be wrong in any way.

WATCH OUT PRESIDENT TRUMP, Here I Come. :)

I have a question . IF I become president, who ( or is it Whom ? ) , do I ask if I can fly Air force One from the right seat ? I might not be very smart, but I'm not dumb enough to try the left seat. :) I would like to live a few more moons. Its to beautiful to put a scratch on it.

19. Dec 7, 2019 #79

Will Aldridge

Will Aldridge

Will Aldridge

As CinC I imagine you could order the air force officer to get his butt outta that seat. But then you woulda done something and broke your promise to do nothing.

Aerowerx, Pops and mullacharjak like this.
  20. Dec 7, 2019 #80

Jay Kempf

Jay Kempf

Jay Kempf

I think you can replace AirFarceOne with the SSSC. It will save us billions.

Aerowerx, Pops, pictsidhe and 2 others like this.