Notcher

Discussion in 'Tube and Fabric' started by parkert51, Sep 20, 2011.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Sep 20, 2011 #1

parkert51

parkert51

parkert51

Just wondering if anyone here has dealt with the baileigh tn-300 tube & pipe notcher. If so what do you think of the unit? If not what units do you recommend?

2. Sep 21, 2011 #2

PaulS

PaulS

PaulS

Baileigh sells top quality equipment for working metal. I have not used their notcher but I have had the pleasure of working with some of their other tools.

3. Sep 22, 2011 #3

parkert51

parkert51

parkert51

Yes Sir, I have dealt with Baileigh equipment and this unit looks fantastic. But I have some concern about the life of the cutter and such. Hard to find anyone who has real world experience with this unit...

4. Sep 22, 2011 #4

jmt1991

jmt1991

jmt1991

Try looking here: OFN Forums - Powered by vBulletin
    They have forums on bending, metal working, chassis fabrication, etc. I have seen people discussing the Baileigh equipment, so a search might turn up some information on their notchers. You'll have to register to search, though.

5. Nov 21, 2011 #5

BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC

Let me know if you still have questions.

Shane 920-482-3220

6. Nov 21, 2011 #6

parkert51

parkert51

parkert51

Bought One, would rather not have......

7. Feb 11, 2012 #7

millerdvr

millerdvr

millerdvr

I purchased the Baileigh TN-210h notcher for work, to use on small tubing projects. My Fastenal guy took a chance and ordered it for me after contacting them about the uhit and was told the price had doubled because it was "better engineered" than the last model, so I told him to order it and I would try it, for the price we assumed it would be a nice unit but boy were we disappointed. The box said "made in China" all over it and when I opened it I could tell, the paint was almost completely chipped off, none of the labels or placards were even remotely intact or glued on. It has plastic parts on it and is so cheaply made that I would have been better off using almost any of the other similar notchers and saved well over $100. I have used some other Baileigh machines in the past and was never really impressed with any of them.
    I have a pretty big budget at work so when I buy one machine that works well i purchase an additional three for the other shops that I oversee. There is no way I will supply my other shops with poor quality tooling that will cost more than those with superior quality and workability.