I suppose a lot depends on what you are looking for in an engine.I was looking for a possible 0200 replacement and spec wise they are early identical.
The "reputation" factor you brought up earlier would be a highly significant factor in any choice I made.
Here's a comparison chart from Aeromomentum. I'm sure Jan would give different stats (but that goes to the point you raised earlier).
- Each Aeromentum is made of new parts, and has not been subject to consumer use in an automobile. Used engines can be reliable, I'm not disputing that.
- The Aeromomentum weighs 40 lbs less ("just" 35 lbs less by Jan's numbers--for what that's worth). 40 lbs is a lot.
- DOHC vs SOHC makes no difference in this application. Neither does VVT.
- Shorter stroke = lower piston speed at the same RPM.
- PSRU: I prefer the Aeromomentum design and trust the engineering that has gone into it.