Quantcast

NOT FOR SALE: Debreyer/Mangenot Vampyr plans

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

wsimpso1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Log Member
It appears to be a tricycle gear, all-wood version of the Debreyer Pelican. I bought these from a forum member basically out of curiosity about the design.
I paid 75.00 plus shipping. It turns out that they are available freely on the internet. I was ignorant and will not take advantage of another's ignorance.
Please provide a pick to the group and to the plans. I searched and could find nothing...

BoKu

Pundit
HBA Supporter
...After Arfang brought it to my attention that they are available for free, I withdrew the sale offer because I did not wish it to appear that I was trying to rip somebody off by selling something that is freely available...
Basically, "Don't pay money for that beer at the store, I know a place that stole a bunch of beer from the store, and they'll give you some for free!"

Yeah, that's pretty much why I'm done.

Dewey Vicknair

HBA Supporter
Please provide a pick to the group and to the plans. I searched and could find nothing...
I got the "free", "pirated" or what ever you'd call them plans from another forum member to compare with what I had, not knowing that they were actually the same plans. That's when I discovered that mine were incomplete. I do not know what the website is that has them.

Dewey Vicknair

HBA Supporter
Basically, "Don't pay money for that beer at the store, I know a place that stole a bunch of beer from the store, and they'll give you some for free!"

Yeah, that's pretty much why I'm done.
I'm not sure what you mean by that. Are you suggesting that I've done something wrong?

Dewey Vicknair

HBA Supporter
They may not be incomplete? I know from my plans project that over time things get added and updated.
It's just too bad that someone can't make a deal for the original design and reintroduce plans for the Pelican.

A couple of years ago I was on the Rotary forum gathering information for a part 103 tractor gyro and a J.C. Debreyer was a member at that time. I got 'side-tracked" with the AV-36 so I haven't been logged on for quite a while.
They're definitely incomplete. All of the drawings pertaining to the elevator and aileron mounting are missing. As are all drawings pertaining to engine placement and mounting.

Dewey Vicknair

HBA Supporter
It's alright, apologies accepted! It's an online discussion, there will be misunderstandings from time to time.

Just to be clear, it is your right to sell something you own and I was by no mean trying to stop you from selling your set of plans. My concern was that you or someone else might attempt to build a questionnable design being advertised as something else:
View attachment 96752
I completely understand and I never thought that you were attempting to sink a sale. I just don't think it's right for me to try to sell something that can be obtained for free (and is worth about as much, apparently). No hard feelings, at all.

TerryM76

HBA Supporter
FWIW, I bought a set of those plans a few years ago......might have been eBay, for all I can remember. There isn't an assigned serial number but there is an English introduction stating that if an individual is interested in building the aircraft then it is required to purchase a complete set of plans. I think I paid $40 and concluded later that I probably paid more than I should have. Enough info in it to build a scaled down RC version.....maybe when I retire in a few short years.