• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Nose gear actuator control help wanted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arbalete

Designing a new nose gear actuation system implies creating the electric controls for it. This is clearly not my turf and I need some fundamental help here.
I managed to work out a schematic on my own. And as far as I am able to tell it should work. But again, I'm not an expert in this and would ge extremely greatefull for someone to look into it. The next step will be the selection of the switches and relais, based on the expected electric loads. This is definitely beyond my scope and I will need some further help on that.

Schematics.png

Here's some background information that might be helpfull:
The newly designed system works through a overcenter linkage powered by a DC linear motor. The gear is held in the up position by a mechanical self locking hook which is mechanicly opened prior to extention. The hook remains open through the entire gear cycle until the gear locks up again.
The Gear Down/Up Limit switches serve as backup feature for the unlikely event when the gear runs through the upper hook or lower overcenter end position before it crashes through the structure.
geardesign.png
My primary questions are:
Does the schematic make sense? Would you have done it differently?
Standing by for the experts:cool:

Attachments

• Schematics.pdf
    444.1 KB · Views: 10
Back