• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

North Carolina closed for the next couple of days

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derswede

If you have any flights to NC, VA or the general area, may want to rethink or outfit your bird with ski's. 17" of snow in my backyard at this moment. Most airports are closed, even CLT, RDU and GSO are limited on commercial flights. Heard about a hanger collapse at a local private strip last night.. Hope it did not get a friends T-craft. This is a heavy, wet snow, which turns to ice on the roads, and then you get the northerners who say, "this is nothing, I learned in deeper snows than this" who go out, hit the ice and wreck. We have a guy who did that yesterday in his big 4 wd, tore it up when he could not stop at the bottom of the neighborhood. The oak tree did a good job of it, tho. We've had tornados, hurricanes and now massive snowfalls, wonder what is next. Woof! At least I have a couple bottles of bourbon and Rye. Derswede

Back