Wanted Non-airworthty or incomplete project wing ribs wanted

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Peterson

I am looking for 5 similar wing ribs of non -airworthy quality to build a desk from. They should be as similar as possible to eachother. My offer will depend on what you have, and pictures will help me to come up with an offer. Aluminum ribs that are one piece from leading to trailing edge with a cord length of 24-32" are going to be worth the most to me, but I am willing to consider wooden ribs as well.

FritzW

Log Member
I've got a bunch of old wooden ribs but none in the size your looking for. It might be easier to just cut out new ribs to fit your desk. Do you have a sketch of your desk?

Peterson

I've got a bunch of old wooden ribs but none in the size your looking for. It might be easier to just cut out new ribs to fit your desk. Do you have a sketch of your desk?
No sketch yet, but I've seen similar ones that looked really good. I considered designing up some wooden ribs for this purpose (and may still do that) but its not uncommon for someone to walk away from a project before finishing it or to make a mistake that could be dangerous to put on something meant to fly. Stamped aluminium ribs would have the most visual appeal and it could give someone a chance to recoup some losses if they ran out of budget or had an assembly mishap.

While I described my ideal wing rib, if you have some ribs you don't have a use for, sending me some pictures may inspire a new idea that might persuade me to make to make an offer.

Latest posts