No 8 nut wrench size.

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Pops

Log Member
Hm, i just got a batch of 8/32s from Aircraft Spruce and 11/32" fits just fine. I had a huge stock of older ones and they must have been something of an oddity, because these newer ones work fine with 11/32".

I bought 35 lbs of new 8-32 nylon locking aircraft nut for $0.25 a pound. All fits 3/8" wrench. From the outside they look just like a #10.

At the same time I bought a box of 22K of #6 tinnerman nuts and 22K of #4's.

Wish I could live long enough to use them all :)

Rockiedog2

Yes, metric instead of "measurement", It sounds so European, has to be better. Same for using "tarmac" instead of ramp. Did you ever ask to taxie to the "tarmac" ? TARMAC - Airport Apron Area

Using these terms makes it easy to guess the users age.
I hate it when they say tarmac. it's ramp like Pops says. It's the yankees that say tarmac Pops.
Newark had the roughest taxiways ever. about like Mississippi roads. Taxing for TO about midnight one night the obviously deep south Eastern Captain in the 9 ahead of us said "Tower, I wanta report a smooth spot in the taxiway."

Pops

Log Member
I hate it when they say tarmac. it's ramp like Pops says. It's the yankees that say tarmac Pops.
Newark had the roughest taxiways ever. about like Mississippi roads. Taxing for TO about midnight one night the obviously deep south Eastern Captain in the 9 ahead of us said "Tower, I wanta report a smooth spot in the taxiway."
Yep, My grandson flew our of Newark for a few years.

Reminds my of the time I was landing at North Huntsville,Al. Cropduster setting on the north end of the runway getting filled up so I landed short on the south end and turned right on the first taxie way. Roughest taxieway I ever saw. Large potholes everywhere so I had to swing the tailwheel of my Falconar F-12 around to try to miss the big ones. Finally got to the ramp and said something about the rough taxieway to the lineboy as he was topping off my aircraft. He said they don't have a taxieway, I taxied up the road that goes to the airport.

Wife was with me and if I get to upity, she will bring the subject up.

Pops

Log Member
You guys know that metric only involves counting from 1 to 10 don't you? :gig:

Yeah? What angle are they set on?

We only have flat, level tarmac in Australia.
And I bet they are concrete.

Pops

Log Member
Calling a ramp a tarmac was started by a BBC news reporter in 1976. Hasn't been that long ago all you heard on the TV news was how people has or do not have GRAVITAS. I guess its out of style now.

deskpilot

Morphett Vale, South Australia. Just south of Adel
You Americans bastardize the English language at your own peril.

Tarmac = abbreviated form of original Tarmacadam, later shortened to Tarmac = a mixture or tar and small stone to cover a ground surface such as roads.

Ramp = an incline, usually referred to as being in the upward direction, to increase in size, such as in volume or price.

End of lecture :gig:

Kevin N

To avoid all the confusion on what to call a hard surface I suggest staying the off of them. Grass airstrips will help avoid the identity crisis.

Group Builder