• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Newly Minted Army Aviator

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jman

Site Developer
Just wanted to let you all know that today at approximately 1030 AM Central time I was officially given the title of Army Aviator and had my wings pinned on my chest by my wife and two children. Had to be one of the best moments in my life. It’s been along road but well worth it. It’s something I’ve wanted all my life and it’s finally happened! Many of you have offered encouragement over the last year and I would like to say thanks!

My assignment orders came in a couple of weeks ago assigning me to Ft. Drum NY to the 1-10 attack battalion if the 10th Mountain division. 10th Mountain is a light infantry division and as such only uses Kiowa Warriors in the attack and reconnaissance roles. Since I’m going to the attack battalion it looks like my emphasis will be in the attack arena for awhile. Although I was a bit more interested in the recon role I’m sure I’ll have a great time anyway.

I also wanted to let everyone know that I’ll be heading to the big sand box sometime next fall. Some of you may have been wondering what would happen to this site if I deployed. No one wants to invest time and energy in an online community that could cease to exist at any moment because the person running it loses interest or is taken out of the picture unexpectedly. So, I wanted to state for the record that no matter what my disposition happens to be, HBA will continue to be available to anyone that wants to take advantage of it. As the time comes closer for me to get ready to go, I’ll make the necessary arrangements to ensure it continues uninterrupted in my absence.

Anyone living in upstate New York? We’ve got a place in Croghan lined up with a 3.5 car airplane manufacturing facility and I can’t wait to get building. I’m even devising ways to make progress during my trip to Iraq. I hope to be the first deployed soldier to complete all the wing ribs of a Pietenpol while in a combat zone! Stay tuned.

Scouts out!

Jake

Back