• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

NewGuy Here!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Appowner

20 year AF Vet (Ground Radio Nav Aids and Satellite Tech) and 23 year retired Government IT Contractor. Health pretty much prevents me from flying now even as a passenger. So I get my fix through RC which led me to seek some help for a 30% Piper Cherokee I'm slowly bringing together. A member of the local EAA chapter helped and led me here.

I grew up with airplanes in the 60's and roamed the local county airport for hours checking out the various planes. My father had his private ticket and owned a Piper Cherokee 180C where many memories now reside. Hence the model I'm working on. My mother and her brother got me into the model building side of things and I now find the build more enjoyable than the actual flying.

My moniker, Appowner is my tribute to our venture into horse ownership some years back. Of course the 15 year old daughter wanted a horse. So for 12 years we were the proud owners of an Appaloosa with Thorough Bred and Percheron mixed in. A big, proud and stubborn girl that horse was. I miss her and our times together.

Other interests are Motorcycles with a Harley parked in the garage and recreational shooting which I don't get to do often enough.

I've always felt there are a lot of similarities between RC and the home built world. Especially now with some models getting as big as some smaller home builts. And I feel that both sides can benefit from the other. And that's the main reason I'm here, to learn what I can and apply it to my models. And if somewhere along the line I can help one of you, so much the better. Anyway, I'm here. To add what I can and hopefully make some new friends.

Back