• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Newer GM inline engines

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

velojym

These suckers have some pretty darned good power for their size, and the 4.2 straight six in my Trailblazer has a darned flat torque curve. Aluminum block and all, seems like it oughta be a pretty good candidate weight/power wise. I'm supposedly pushing 270 hp and nearly 300lbs of torque.

Also, from what I understand, a group of five engines were run hard for the equivalent of 300,000 miles, which would translate to quite a few hours in the air. They still ran fine at that point, when the test was ended. Obviously lab conditions can't accurately mimic real life, but it still seems like an interesting possibility.

The other engines in the same family have either 4 or 5 cylinders, and are used in the Canyon/Colorado trucks.

Back