• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parkpointer

Hello everyone,
Been reading the other posts, so here I am. I was born and lived for 20-yrs in Minnesota, land of lots of lakes. Loved it there, hope to go back someday. Planes (mostly float and seaplanes) were all around me during those years. I loved it. Never flew myself, but got lots of neat and interesting rides.
After a stint with Uncle Sam, I moved up to New Hampshire in 1971, got my private in 1984 and just got back into flying after being dormant since 1992. Have been in EAA and a local chapter since 1983 & head up our chapter newsletter. At our chapter workshop, I have helped in the restoration of a '47 Champ which ended being an 11-year project, and now the chapter is building a look-a-like LMA single-seat Champ lightplane for the last 5-yrs. We are blessed to have many career in aviation members who have tons of building-flying-mechanical experience and we have several project builders many who are already flying & others working in that direction. Have enjoyed the homebuilder atmosphere since exposed to it. Nice to see innovation and real experimenting in the aviation arena. Would like to build a seaplane or restore an older Cessna that could go on floats/skis. Seem to be constantly drawn to the liquid runways.
I am looking forward to this forum and what it has to offer, and hope that I might be able to help in some way. Thanks for being here:)

Back