• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Newbie to the pilot/aircraft scene in OH

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Titanium Cranium

Hi everyone. I'm Tom and I'm addicted to flying:gig: I'm actually not even a pilot yet but have been lucky enough to go up for a couple of flights and all it took was 1 flight to get me addicted and bring me to the realization that I need to fly. I've wanted to get my PPL for a few years now and finally have the opportunity to start working on it come spring time. I'm also working on plans for a twin-engine ground-up build that I'm expecting to start on in the next 6 months. I'm sure it will take a very long time to build but I'm excited to have a good project going that I can put my skills into. I'm sure I'll ask many of you experienced builders enough questions to drive you insane while I try to compile enough knowledge in my so-called mind to make this plane a reality.

Aside from that stuff, I'm an auto body tech/painter and have been for about 12 years. I'm starting to work on trying to get into the legal field but that's another long project as well. I'm an adrenaline junkie and have raced superbikes for several years which was preceded by BMX bicycle racing and stunt riding. I am a newly married man (2nd time around) with 2 kids that are 13 and 4 years old. I live in Dayton, OH but have only lived here for about 14 months. I moved here from Phoenix, AZ where I was born and lived my first 30 years. I guess that's about all of the basics about me that I can think to throw in here....at least for the moment:)

Back