• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Newb dreaming of ultralights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveyG

Hi all thanks for having me! Ever since I was a small boy, about 3 decades ago, I’ve had aviation on my mind, either in the forefront (told ppl I wanted to be an aerospace engineer at age 8) or on the back burner, in some form or another. I’m a machinist by profession and a hobbyist gunsmith, engine builder, welder, fabricator. Anyway, more recently I’ve been learning more about the laws and regulations regarding airplanes, and more importantly the lesser regulations concerning ultralight craft, has me thinking that perhaps designing and building my own ultralight might be the way I get my dreams off the ground... which brought me here. I’ve been a big fan of snowmobiling as well ever since I was a child, mom and pop had snowmobiles before I was born so I kinda was destined for that as a hobby, which in turn, is actually what led me here, looking for tips and tricks for 2-stroke Rotax snowmobile engines... I think I’ve got that under control now, for the moment, but the idea of building an ultralight is still pulling at my heart. Anyway, I look forward to lurking and learning a bit before I jump into a new project with both feet.

Back