• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

New Website for plans built Raceair Skylite and Lil Bitts.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello All,

As some of you on HBA know 3 months or so ago, I purchased the rights to the Raceair Skylite and Lil Bitts. Ed over the years has slowly sold off the rights to many of his aircraft as he was winding down in aviation. I found about the Skylite when a fellow HBA member inquired about buying plans but was unable due to Ed’s printer losing one sheet of the plans. I replied to the thread offering Ed to redraw the missing sheet for free and in the end after seeing the detail and how well they were drawn, I bought the rights. It’s taken me a bit of time to get everything in place to be able to reintroduce these plans. The sheet that was missing was the Rib Layout and since I had to redo it anyhow, I decided to supply it at 1:1 on a 17” x 44” sheet of paper. I also made a few improvements to that sheet since I had more room. The previous version had the rib sectioned to fit on a smaller sheet of paper. I have spent a fair bit of time getting the website ready and as providence would have it I finished just in time to launch it on my 47th Birthday 11/12/18.

Website here: www.cloudbaseaviation.com

Raceair Skylite - 1 Cloudbase Aviation.jpg Skylite Plans Sample - 2 Cloudbase Aviation.jpg Lil Bitts - 7.jpg Lil Bitts - 2.jpg

Since this is also the beginning to the holiday season, I have decided to release the plans at a 20% discount through the end of 2018. The discount will be taken once the plans are put in the cart. Plans will ship out within a week or so of order as I still need to get the build manuals printed.
My hopes for this endeavor is to slowly release sub kits and prefabricated parts and make them available to builders. Also, during that process, I will be modeling many of the subassemblies in Solidworks and will also make these files available to new and existing plans owners. The files will be released as 3D PDF files and require no CAD experience to view. These 3D PDF files will be great for builders to refer to as a plans supplement when they have questions. I currently have the fuselage about 90% complete and a bit of the wing structure. There will also be a Forum for builders on the site and will add it once I see a few people begin building.

Proposed Skylite sub kit items.

• CNC notched tubing kit for the fuselage.
  • Fiberglass nose Bowl
  • Pre bent rib material and or a full rib kit.
  • Wing fittings and Hardware kit.
  • Other sub kits to follow.

Similar items to follow on the Lil Bitts as well.

I plan to begin building a Skylite as a father son project starting early in 2019.

Please have a look at my website and let me know what you think. Since this is the first draft of the website it could likely use some improvements so I am open to any and all suggestions.

Best regards,

Marc Webster

Back