• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

New virginia member

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyingmushrooms

Hello, I'm happy to become a member. I've always been interested in aviation and think it would be awesome to learn using this forum. Funny enough, I'm scared of flying in planes! I think it would be different if I built my own. Maybe it will happen one day if the time is right. I have been looking at the hummel ultracruiser and legal eagle. Both look like great little ultralights. I'm leaning towards the ultracruiser because I like the all metal construction over the wood and glue. In my mind it just seems safer. If you have any recommendations of cheaper ultralights I'd really appreciate it. I'm still young so I've got plenty of other things to invest money into at the moment.

Back