• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

New To The Scene... Ready to build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nevadanut

Hello fellow builders and enthusiasts. I'm fairly new to the homebuilt scene but I've maintained F/A-18 structures/flight controls/landing gear for many years. I'm currently onboard the carrier USS Abraham Lincoln in the Gulf, but will return home shortly and begin the long trek of building something of my own. I looked at a lot of different aircraft options and talked with a few people as well as subscribing to listings for ideas and advice. Really leaned towards the KR2S for awhile, and took interest in it's construction technique, but wasn't sold on it totally. I also looked at the possibility of the little Starlite (cousin of the cute Pulsar). The kits are hard to find, so I have pretty much made up my mind and settled on Morry Hummel's little Hummelbird. How can you not love that sleek, little airplane? Will order plans and start building templates and bulkheads when I return as time allows. I live in Nevada near Reno and have a nice little strip on the property. Just moved there last year and it will be nice to finally return home after this long time away and get started. I welcome any and all ideas and info about the Hummelbird as well as the 1/2 VW and/or 2-stroke engines. Neat little website here... look forward to meeting/chatting with all of you. Good luck in all your projects.

Mike

Back