• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

New to homebuilt aircraft

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CBHurricane

Hello all, my name is Darcy.
I'm new to homebuilt aircraft but enjoy building, designing, and dreaming like most of you I suspect. I've always had a soft spot for aviation, currently on track to finish my PPL out of CYBW in Alberta after starting it 10 years ago and having to take a hiatus due to life's curves. Recently with my aeronautical social circle growing slowly I have an opportunity to pick up a 7/8 scale nieuport 11/17, he has 3/4 of the framework complete as an 11, comes with remaining aluminum to finish the upper wings, 2 sets of prints (1 set for 11, 1 set for 17), Rotax 582, seats, and wheels...all for a very reasonable price. I won't be able to acquire it until spring as the gentleman lives in the BC Okanagan Valley and would prefer not having a transportation fiasco during the winter in the Rockies which I respect.
Although the nieuport 11 will be a good aircraft will be a good learning experience it's not my dream airplane, that would be the Hurricane...although a quite a bit outside my budget like most. With that I've been doing as much research as I can and have found 2 kits/plans that are or have been available; the 5/8 sindlinger plans and the flying legends 7/10 scale kit (which is not in production anymore but with emails to the company, may be working on a new kit in the coming years).

In all though, I hope to learn as much as I can whichever way life throws me in the homebuilt arena of aviation.

And if anyone is curious, the the CB in my username is due to that I'm currently building a 1978 Honda CB750 cafe racer in the likes of the Hawker Hurricane.

Back