• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

New to flying, need planning help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob_Zombie2002

How's it going yall? I'm new to flying, and after a few years of temptation by a pilot friend I've decided to take the plunge and build a small aircraft to play with. All that I really know at this point about aviation is the general stuff that anyone can figure out on their own by looking at how a plane is built, and being in a plane as it's flown, the science is still new to me. I am familiar with motors and welding though, so I figured the funnest way to learn would be to build a plane while I'm learning to fly. And that's why I'm asking for help from those more knowledgable than myself.

I'm wanting to build a plane that's capable of flying across the USA, I want to keep it reasonably sized, 2 seater with a small storage space at the largest, single seater with room for a duffle bag at the smallest. I'm not concerned much with acrobatics as travel is my primary focus. The ability to take off/land on water would also be a big plus, but is not a requirement.

If anyone knows where I could find information or schematics on such a plane, or atleast set me on the right track, I'd be very gratefull. Thanks for the help yall!

Back