• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

New to.. all

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

58Type2

Howdy.

Out near Seattle. Have a couple friends (husband/wife) building themselves a Quicksilver 2-person (sorry, don't know the model) so decided I wanted to have some fun with friends and have a deposit on a Kolb Firefly kit.
He has his PPL, I have... nothing. I promise I will be getting lessons here in a bit, after the big purchase on the airframe.

Otherwise, just some new guy with aspiring ideations and future goals and plans.

Figure I have my motorcycles, cars, and kayaks; might as well get the last moving item on the list.

And, a thank you to Rusty (I don't know his name on here) for introducing me to the site.

Note: The name derives from the fact that I have a 1958 Type 2 VW Bus, in this case, a single cab pickup.
- People usually ask so might as well help out.

Back