New single seat experimental

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

CAVU Mark

As an RV-3 owner and builder and restorer I have never found glass kit planes to be cost competitive. Additionally they are difficult to repair when damaged. The design that seems to be safe and easy to build is the SPA Panther. I do like the steel cage around the pilot. But, that plane exists and it looks like you want make something different. How about a knock off the the MINI IMP with a hybrid drive?

qartveli

Log Member
As an RV-3 owner and builder and restorer I have never found glass kit planes to be cost competitive. Additionally they are difficult to repair when damaged. The design that seems to be safe and easy to build is the SPA Panther. I do like the steel cage around the pilot. But, that plane exists and it looks like you want make something different. How about a knock off the the MINI IMP with a hybrid drive?
may be next time :)

henryk

some degree?

=UL-39 ALBI...

Riggerrob

Hi Guys
can somebody tell me about parachute container? Can I mount that right on the bulkhead and add some degree?View attachment 95330

A few degrees off vertical will make little difference, but you are a still wise to ask Ballistic Recovery Systems or Galaxy or who ever manufactured your parachute.
And I applaud your choice of BRS. I don’t make any money from BRS but still believe they are better than most pilot emergency parachutes.

Rob Warner, FAA Master Parachute Riggs (back, seat and chest), Strong Tandem Instructor Examiner, private pilot, retired Sea King technician, etc.

Vigilant1

Lifetime Supporter
"SECOND CHANTZ"=opiniones ? (air pressure "cold" racket...)
It appears that Second Chantz is no longer in business. That might make it difficult to get parts or maybe even a repack (unless manuals are available).

BJC

HBA Supporter
I don’t make any money from BRS but still believe they are better than most pilot emergency parachutes.
Rob:

Please elaborate as to why a BRS is better than most pilot emergency parachutes for, as is the case in this thread, a single seat airplane.

Much of my flying has been with a “Plan B” under my butt or strapped to my back while doing aerobatics. They are required for IAC competition. A small amount was for flying a jump plane, as required by the FAA. I have just enough freefall experience to get stable, given enough altitude, before opening. My two two major purposes for aerobatics are for departing the airplane in the unlikely event of a fire (there have been a few instances of ruptured fuel tanks) and a midair collision or structural failure. A BRS would serve quite well in many collision / structural failure scenarios, but I still like the option of getting away from a fire or potential fire. I don’t like seat packs, because they make it harder to exit the airplane. Nor did I like the (don’t recall the brand) type that had the canopy in a container that ran from my shoulders to below my mid-thigh. I had no data, but it seemed to me to be an awkward pack for the canopy. Since the mid-1980’s I have worn nothing but back packs.

I appreciate your taking the time to elaborate.

BJC

Heliano

Exian, your aircraft looks impressive! the horizontal tail forward of the vertical tail seems to be a good design solution in that its wake, during a high-angle-of-attack situation, will never cover more than half of the rudder! And its wing seems to have a good aspect ratio, which enhances efficiency, especially during climb. Congrats! Now a quick comment about CF (you probably know it very well): don't mix CF with GF. Either use one or the other. These fibers have very different elastic modulus (CF is much stiffer) and all the load will go to CF, GF would just add weight.

qartveli

Log Member
A few degrees off vertical will make little difference, but you are a still wise to ask Ballistic Recovery Systems or Galaxy or who ever manufactured your parachute.
And I applaud your choice of BRS. I don’t make any money from BRS but still believe they are better than most pilot emergency parachutes.

Rob Warner, FAA Master Parachute Riggs (back, seat and chest), Strong Tandem Instructor Examiner, private pilot, retired Sea King technician, etc.
Dear Rob unfortunately BRS did not responding me. I found Czech companies GRS and USH. they are more responsive

henryk

Second Chantz is no longer in business.
=I am interesting in princip=selfrefuling rocket (200 bar), pressure control,
NO flame emergancy...

I will try to install this 350 $ device (hybrid Al/CF in place of alu bottle) in my KASPERWING.

Dana

Super Moderator
Staff member
Second Chantz went out of business some years ago, but recently started up again (unless they shut down again, I don't know).

CAVU Mark

That depends on your experience! I work at a composite aircraft/sailplane repair station - I don't think glass or carbon repair is any more difficult than metal or wood. In some ways its easier as the repair panels arrive on a roll.
I work on tube and fabric and AL planes and one thing is for sure, I never go home itching and in 10 years I call tell if the structure is sound.

GeorgeG

I've got a Comelli (compressed air at 3,000psi) that I got from NM Trikes in ABQ. Good guy to deal with and I like the idea of using air. Anyplace that has a high-pressure compressor (SCUBA shops, fire departments, welding gas companies) can repressurize it.