New Shop Tool!

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Tantrum1

Log Member
SO we pulled the trigger on a new shop tool a couple weeks ago. We purchased a Sienci Labs 30 X 30 Longmill CNC router kit. Its arrived, but I haven't had a chance to assemble it yet but hoping to start assembly this weekend coming. the plan is to use it to build the remaining molds for the smaller parts that I will be needing soon. I was able to justify it, cause I've been outsourcing my cnc work to a local cabinet maker with a 5 X 10 machine, but I was supplying the files and the material and then paying his shop rate. So with the quote I got for the next 3 parts I need to have done, it pretty much has paid for itself. I will end up doing other stuff also. Might try to turn it into a little side hussle to help support my airplane building affliction! I will post pics, once its up and running.

Jay Kempf

Curmudgeon in Training (CIT)
Lifetime Supporter
You will love your new toy. Have been running mine pretty hard lately doing composite tooling. Always more to learn. But easy to be productive after a little deep dive into Mach3/4 and how to run steppers. Look into Fusion360 for tool paths. Very nice and the Edu version is free for now.