New replica 1944 Hamilton-Standard prop

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

TXFlyGuy

If that flies anywhere near as good as it looks you've got a winner.
It will look much better after I get the main gear doors on, wing tips, bomb shackles (with bombs). Plus I have a fair amount of riveting left to complete on the upper and lower wing skins.

Maybe 3 to 5 days of work.

Thanks for the kind words.

TXFlyGuy

Wasn't this built in Texas? Shouldn't it be a P-51K with an Aeroproducts prop?:D ;)

It's looking really good.

Brandon
Yes, mostly built right here in the DFW area.
Several friends have commented on the rubber plug that we added in the spinner. A small detail item that adds an authentic look to the Mustang.

Did the Dallas plant not install Hamilton-Standard propellers? We have Ham-Standard decals ordered from AeroGraphics.

Thanks for the compliment!

Deuelly

Log Member
Did the Dallas plant not install Hamilton-Standard propellers? We have Ham-Standard decals ordered from AeroGraphics.

Thanks for the compliment!
The P-51Ks that came out of the Dallas plant all had Aeroproducts propellers. That was about the only difference between the "D" and the "K". The Aeroproducts prop was not a paddle blade and looked quite different.

Brandon

TXFlyGuy

The P-51Ks that came out of the Dallas plant all had Aeroproducts propellers. That was about the only difference between the "D" and the "K". The Aeroproducts prop was not a paddle blade and looked quite different.

Brandon
Some good info here on the "K".

Deuelly

Log Member
Some good info here on the "K".

I forgot about the early dash number "D" models with the round tip Ham Standards that were made in Dallas.

Brandon

Saville

Beautiful looking airplane. Even without the gear doors and wingtips.

If the prop is mounted then can I assume the engine is also mounted? If so, how do the exhaust stacks work? Will they be coming out of the usual spot?

TXFlyGuy

Beautiful looking airplane. Even without the gear doors and wingtips.

If the prop is mounted then can I assume the engine is also mounted? If so, how do the exhaust stacks work? Will they be coming out of the usual spot?
Yes...it will look much better with the main gear doors in place, along with the wingtips!
Engine installed. We are waiting on Hutter Performance to complete the build of our all new exhaust stack. They will exit through the cowling in the normal location.

Thanks for the kind words.