• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

\\\ New plane///

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TES111

I have recently started building a scaled model of a canard pusher. I have the CG, Wing Incidences & Wing areas worked out. The Plane has flown without power a couple of times now. I was wondering how to go about scaling up the design so that I could start building a full scale version of this new X-Plane. How does the scaled wing area need to change in order to not be to big and act more as a sail in the air? Is there a practical book / computer program for the non engineer to start doing the calculations for spar strength, wing area and thrust to weight ratios for my plane? I have a gibillion technical questions such as skin thickness, spar strength, air foil. I want her to fly fast and long. Kinda like the Berkut but a 4 to 6 seater. Attached are some pics of the model when I was working out the CG location. I am currently working on the fuselage and will post pics soon.

Thanks in Advance

TES111

Back