• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

New Old Member

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soliex

Hi, not sure I can claim new member because I've been registered in the past (davedpilot). Apparently my profile became corrupt so just been lurking with the popcorn. I decided to re-register and reintroduce myself

in case ya'll forgot already.

I'm a Tool & Die maker by trade, 25 years ago I learned CAD to develop tools, gauges and fixtures in automotive. Now I work for different companies/individuals that have an idea, but they don't know how to Design For

Manufacture and Assembly (DFMA) It's been good to me mon!

Got my private in '95 in an under powered BE77, lot's of fun to fly though. Checked out in C172, C150, PA28 and PA38, flew a Grob off a mountain top in Germany and acquired the rights to fly at Lookout Mountain in GA.

All was going fine until I developed a cardio myopathy. Still trying to work the bugs out of that.

Can't say I won't fly again, but it's not looking too good... bummer.

I'm interested in low and slow... like maybe a metal, low wing, based on the VP1 with an O-100 on the nose, or Pixie like with same.

I'm close to retiring and have a plan to save the world with my super solarcellwind technology.

Below is my deceased brother Joe and his gorgeous C172 N172J, spent a lot of time in that one. Wish I could have kept it.

thebee.jpg

Back