• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parkpointer

:)
Would just like to say how great it is to have been asked to join this site! Though I don't currently have any real aircraft projects of my own, I hope to have one someday.
I have been a newsletter editor to EAA Chapter #225 of Rochester, NH nearly continuously since 1985. I am also the young eagle coordinator since the inception of that program and I am the current secretary as well. I truly enjoy being an EAA member, and the aviation that it brings me. Our chapter has had building projects since 1983 beginning with a rebuild of a set of J-3 wings, then onto a complete restoration of a 1947 Aeronca 7AC Champ with a few mods that had found itself crashed into a field some years earlier, and for the past few years a 3/4 scale LMA Champ Ultralight.
EAA Chapter 225 usually has about 45 members annually. We just recently acquired one of those small corner spaces at the end of a T-Hangar complex after trying to get onto the local airfield for the past ten years. Our new clubhouse is nearly finished. Soon we will be back finishing up the metal construction phase our ultralight project with hopes of applying the covering within the next 10-12 months.
Some of the members projects that have been built, rebuilt/restored, or are currently being worked on include: a Christen Eagle, a 2+2 Adventurer Seaplane, an all wood Hirondelle, an N3 Pup ultralight, a 3/4 scale Air Camper ultralight, 2-Exec Helicopters, and a Seawind 3000, a couple Piper J-3s & 1-J-5, a Howard DGA-8, several Waco's including one D model, a Stinson 108-2, a Navion, a couple of Luscombe 8's, 3-Aeronca 7AC's, a Cessna 140, Cessna 170, 2-Swift's, a N3N, a Sikorsky S-39, a Spezio Tu-Holer, a Falco 1.8, a Tri-Gear Europa, a Pazmany, and several ultralights of various shapes and sizes including a few Flightstars.
I will be putting this site into our next newsletter and have hopes that some of the members make use of it. I hope to be visiting again soon, and thanks again for this fine site!!

Back