• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhilO

Hello to all, This is my first attempt at posting a message so I will try to be brief. I am building a Zenith CH-801 STOL, and wil be using the new Jabiru 5100 8Cylinder Engine, instrumentation is unique as I am using (2) IPAQ PDA's one for GPS Navigation and the other for the basic EFIS instrumentation. Since this is an experimental aircraft I am also experimenting by painting the aircraft with Acrylic LATEX from Ace hardware. Reason, the paint is totally NON_TOXIC , repels gasoline , and does not require special breathing apparatus. So far it looks pretty good, of course it is not the show quality of $200.00 a gallon aircraft paint but at $20.00 a gallon I will not complain. Have devised a method to spray the paint with a standard spray gun.
Am expecting delivery of the new engine in February and perhaps we can begin flight testing this spring or summer.:) I am building the plane in conjunction with the Wisconsin Aviation Academy at the Rock County Airport (JVL) in Wisconsin. This allows 8th graders an opportunity to participate in the construction as part of the program. Students who start in the 8th Grade and continue thru H.S. will graduate with a Private Pilots License that costs them $0.00!!!!! Don;t you wish that had been available when you were that age? I do!

Back