New Member? Yep!

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

skip_hill

Well, I'm an Old fart having fun with my Retirement.. I am a member of EAA Ch 565 in Punta Gorda FL, and PRA,EAA Ch 1192 in Labelle FL. Punta Gorda is my home chapter and LaBelle is my Gyro Club. I first started flying in 1956 in a J-3 Cub that belonged to a friend my brother raced cars with. I traded wrench time on his car for fly time in his J-3.
While in the Marine Corps I had the opportunity to fly some, but seemed like I was in a classroom too much of the time. After that raising a family put flying on the bottom of the list (How many times have we heard this story?) I partnered with a friend with a Gyro, Benson B8, in the late 60's. After we used it up, I didn't fly for several years. Since moving to Florida in 1979 I have been involved in ultralights, a Quicksilver, and one that was "built-like" a QS. I helped to restore a Forney Ercoupe, a Cessna 150, and an Experimental Home Built called a "Woody-Pusher" It was copied from the Curtiss-Wright Trainer of the 30's.. (Open Cockpit, flies GREAT) I have a partial Corbin Junior Ace, waiting for me to feel like welding again, in the meantime I am building a UL Gyro, "Gyro-Bee" I would like to build a Zodiac 601 XL for the "Sport Class" license coming up. WHO SAID RETIREMENT WAS BORING????

Jman

Site Developer
Skip,

Welcome to the group skip. Sounds like you are making up for lost time with all of the projects on your plate. Don't forget to post the first flight pics :D . If you have any questions or suggestions just let me know.

Jake

Jman

Site Developer
I don't either Skip. Sorry about that. I've booted the user, deleted their posts and banned their IP address. I don't have words to describe how angry I am at this moment. I hope you won't give up on HBA though. I'm going to enact some things that hopefully will help to keep those things from happening again. Again, I'm very sorry.

Jake

skip_hill

pop ups

No Prob boss, I do a LOT of reasearch and get hit a lot. I tried blocking them from my e'mail, but there are more of them than space on my block list. out of 30 e'mail, usually 2 or 3 are legit' Don't worry 'bout anyone dropping out...... This is the FIRST forum I've found that is friendly....:D