New member with Stits Playmate

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Daleandee

Currently flying the Stits Playmate folding wing experimental
Welcome!

That's a good looking airplane. Went with a friend years ago to trailer a Playboy back across a few states. Needed some work but he ended up with a nice aircraft. Never seen a playmate up close and personal.

Where are you located?

Pnwchief22

North Central Washington State….KEAT is close by. Built back in the 1970’s….I also purchased the design books and prints dated 1962 - 65

Riggerrob

Last time I saw a Stitts Playmate was at Vancouver International Airport, Canada.
Playmate is Ray Stitts' most clever design and Ray was mighty clever to begin with. The last time I saw Ray was at an EAA Chapter 1 meeting in 2001. He shared some advice about protective clothing while test-flying.

geraldmorrissey

Years ago I got to fly with Ray Stits in the prototype. I was the last passenger he flew before he left for Oshkosh to donate the plane to the EAA museum. He even demonstrated the wing fold mechanism for me. He was a good guy
Gerry

LittleBird

Almost had that bird bought, when suddenly it had sold. Long distance aircraft buying can be difficult. You ever want to sell it, I would be interested. Or....anyone else has a Playmate I would be interested. I am just south of Kansas City.