• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

New Member seeking advice on building KR2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trev036

Hi everyone
I am only new Here I have been flying for the last ten years and the idea of building an aircraft has always been high on my priority list. I am a carpenter by trade so I will have most tools required. I have just purchased a KR2 from an elderly gentleman that never got around to building it the kit is all there has retractable landing gear but no engine. One thing that I do see is that one side of the fuselage has been made but doesn't look like it has passed the inspection or test if that makes sence. There were no plans included with this project however I do have documentation and original purchase invoice for the kit, I have been able to down load a builders manual from the web but would anyone know where I could obtain the plans from or if anyone has some plans for this aircraft as I am keen to get organized to start building. I would be most appreciative if some one could give me some advice on where I should be starting and the run down on the process of building a kit aircraft. I will also be remaking the fuselage that has been made so i will most probably be needing some spruce for that as I assume that you will not be able to resurrect it to a passable standard?
kind regards to all

Back