new member KRSuper2 builder

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Lucjon

hi all,
im a new member in Melbourne. im not sure where to start this thread so dont have a go at me, im new so just relax and pls help...im a low hrs pilot starting a build on a different version of the KR2S. its called a Krsuper2. its all composite etc. Anyway just wondering if anyone else is building this design?

KR-Super2

cheers

Joe Kidd

Hello Lucjon and welcome to HBA. I've read through the KR2S builder sites as well as exchanged e-mails with some of them, its an intresting design as well as not requing the purchase of a set of plans. Time will tell as to how well it works out but whoever works on such a build will have to learn some very intresting builder skills that will be very usefull.

Joe

Ace_Plumber

Welcome Lucjon. Good to have you aboard. I don't know much about the Kr family but from what I do know they are good on performance. An all composite version sounds like a good idea. Is this your first project? I am also a low time pilot. Mostly because all my effort has been on survival and getting my airplane done. It has taken me 20+ years so far.....see my completions thread for more details. Have no fear,no one here will give you a hard time,but there are a lot of very knowledgeable folks to get ideas from. And they will give them to you even when you didn't ask for it sometimes LOL. A good bunch here. I'm sure you will enjoy your self. Good luck to you and give us all the low down along the way....and pictures are always good.

AP

Lucjon

Hi Joe

i totally agree. this is giving me a great education in composite construction. actually its surprisingly easy to learn. i bought the composite videos from eVideo Library, Aircraft Technical Book Company, Aviation Books and Video Resources , that was very informative...

thanks Ace, yes this is my first project, i have looked high and low at different kits, even bought some plans(Bearhawk & Mustang II) and still wasnt convinced. All awhile i always came back to the KR2S, then i found Scott Watts design and that sold me....there is alot of helpful folks here and the information available is incredible..

I started differently, working on the 'boat' first...
So far ive glassed the 'boat' sides and now working on the bottom. ive got the mdf ready for the jig which is next...

Cheers
Luc

Jan Carlsson

Anyone know - what happened to the "KRSuper2" website - there's been no updates for months, the plane remains uncompleted and the documentation looks to be suspended ?

KR-Super2

I guess Scott is busy finishing his plane, and don't have time or energy to update the web? or the glass fibre have started to fall off the last-a-foam :devious:

Detego

I guess Scott is busy finishing his plane, and don't have time or energy to update the web? or the glass fibre have started to fall off the last-a-foam :devious:

I'm no longer surprised when the 'plans gurus' tell me, "they been doing it this way for twenty years". My comment is usually, "yeah and it was just as wrong twenty years go"! Garbage in Garbage out.

Jan Carlsson

To be fair, the Glasair's use LaF, but there is better materials to use. The general design of the KRSuper2 don't look bad at all. with airex or divinycell ...

Lucjon

Hey all,
thought i would update what im up to....first up , yes im building a Cozy MKIV. Its on its gear, nose is 8 inches longer..to help with CG for an IO 540 C4B5...
Also im building parts for Scott Watts KRSuper2, I think this design has a lot going for it ...
DSC06236.jpg DSC06144.jpg DSC06154.jpg

Last edited: