• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

New Member: KentuckyDave

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KentuckyDave

I’ve been actively following the biplane market for a year, learning what I can. I’ve had an intention of buying a flying 2-seat biplane…Starduster, Skybolt, etc… or finishing some else’s project. One day I’d like to own a Stearman, but I’ve got a lot to learn and earn before that can happen. I’ve got a handful of taildragger lessons in Cubs, first before my private, and again in the last weeks.

Somehow I ended up buying a 150 and half a Mooney, for all the right reasons. They’re great planes, but I still eagerly open my Barnstormer’s email every morning to see what new biplanes cropped up overnight. My long-term goal has been to use the 150 for what it’s good at, then swap it for a biplane. That goal is turning into an itch, so I figured I’d go ahead and introduce myself here.

I was not available to go to Sun-n-Fun again this year, so I’ll be sure to make Osh Kosh. I just don’t know if I can wait that long, though. I’ve seen precious few biplanes in person during this affliction, so I’m keeping an eye out for fly-ins or other opportunities where I can talk to builders and pilots about their planes. Please let me know of any good vintage/acro events coming up between Chicago and Atlanta.

Thanks so much to everyone who contributes so much knowledge here. This site is a real gem in the vast wasteland of the Internet.

Dave

Back