New member in Southern California

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Ernesto Diaz, Aug 11, 2019.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

Tags:
  1. Aug 11, 2019 #1

Ernesto Diaz

Ernesto Diaz

Ernesto Diaz

Hi everybody, new member here in the Ventura county area. My name is Ernesto, I’m an army veteran, worked on attack helicopters during my time in the service. Now an A&P and student pilot. I’m currently working on an abandoned Christavia Mk.1, the fuselage and wings are almost finished but I’m waiting to rebuild an O-290-G that was already converted for aircraft use. I’ve done a couple Kitfox conditional inspections in case anyone needs one. Anyone here have some spare building instructions for the Christavia?

Attached Files:

mcrae0104 likes this.
  2. Aug 11, 2019 #2

addicted2climbing

addicted2climbing

addicted2climbing

Welcome Ernesto,

Are you building this at the EAA chapter at KCMA? I am a member of Chapter 40 at KWHP. I am currently building an ultralight at the EAA hangar at KWHP and plan to move it to the KCMA ultralight field when its done.

Best of luck,

Marc

3. Aug 11, 2019 #3

Ernesto Diaz

Ernesto Diaz

Ernesto Diaz

Hi Marc,

I’m building at my hangar in KSZP. I’ve been to the EAA hangar in KCMA but haven’t joined the chapter. Maybe soon I should. Anyhow I hope your build is coming along.

Ernesto

4. Aug 12, 2019 #4

Marc W

Marc W

Marc W

Welcome Ernesto, I used to be a member of Chapter 723 at KCMA and had my airplane at an EAA tiedown there. KSZP is one of my favorite airports. I got my TW endorsement and started the EMT course at CP Aviation and then moved so I didn't finish that training.

Good luck with the Christavia. It should be a good airplane when you finish.

5. Aug 12, 2019 #5

addicted2climbing

addicted2climbing

addicted2climbing

Hello Ernesto
    Nice that you have a hangar at SZP. A friend of mine keeps a Pacer there and 2 weeks ago flew out of there as a glight of two to Koehn Dry lake. The other airplane was a 160hp blue and white colt flown by Katerina was a fun day.
    Marc

6. Aug 12, 2019 #6

Ernesto Diaz

Ernesto Diaz

Ernesto Diaz

Thanks Marc, I love this little airport! I’m still doing my flight training, lucky for me it’s on a Cessna 140. Hopefully by the end of the year I’ll be finished with flight training.

I know Katerina and John, awesome people. I’m still fairly new to the Santa Paula airport, but I love it so far.

7. Aug 12, 2019 #7

addicted2climbing

addicted2climbing

addicted2climbing

Hello Ernesto
    Awesome yourvtraining in a C140. I tried to get CP to give me primary training in a tailwheel but at the time they said their insurance would not cover it. Looked evefywhere but settled on a C172 at KVNY. I am sure we will meet soon.
    Take care
    Marc

Ernesto Diaz likes this.
  8. Aug 13, 2019 #8

Tom Nalevanko

Tom Nalevanko

Tom Nalevanko

Hi Ernesto, Am based at KCMA but visit SZP often. Are you at your hangar on 1st Sunday’s? Where r u located?
    Best,
    Tom

Ernesto Diaz likes this.
  9. Aug 14, 2019 #9

Ernesto Diaz

Ernesto Diaz

Ernesto Diaz

Nice to meet you Tom. I’m usually in my hangar on first sundays, although it’s usually not open. I’m on the west end.

Ernesto

10. Aug 14, 2019 #10

Tom Nalevanko

Tom Nalevanko

Tom Nalevanko

Do you know Rick & Susie on the corner hangar with the big glass windows? We usually stop in to say hello...
    Best,

Tom

Ernesto Diaz likes this.
  11. Aug 15, 2019 #11

Victor Bravo

Victor Bravo

Victor Bravo

Make sure you go find Rick Fitzwater at SZP, he's at the very west end of "Curtiss Taxi", has a Falco HBA project, a nice C-182, and a Taylorcraft.

He is a highly experienced aircraft woodworker if you need any wood advice (2/3 of the way through a Falco... duh :) ).

Be sure to bring a biscuit for Cecil, a very happy and rowdy chocolate retriever :)

Ernesto Diaz likes this.
  12. Aug 15, 2019 #12

Ernesto Diaz

Ernesto Diaz

Ernesto Diaz

Tom, I’ve spoken to Rick and Susie in the past but I wouldn’t say I know them . Being an A&P specializes in helicopters I was automatically drawn to his Robinson. Nice looking machine and their hangar looks like a sweet hangout spot.

Victor, i haven’t met Rick Fitzwater...that I know of anyways. But I’m pretty sure I’ve met their dog. Chocolate lab sounds familiar. Falcos are sexy planes, i will make sure to make my rounds next first Sunday.